General theme of the IDC-6: Dyke swarms: Keys for Geodynamic Interpretation.
Sub-themes (sessions) of the IDC-6:
- Regional maps of dyke swarms and related magmatic units
- Emplacement mechanism of dykes
- Petrology, geochemistry and petrogenesis of dykes
- Geophysics of dykes with special reference to paleomagnetism, new aeromagnetic maps and remote sensing studies
- Geochronology of dykes
- Dykes as plumbing system for Large Igneous Provinces
- Giant dyke swarm and Supercontinents
- Alkaline dykes (including kimberlites, lamproites, lamprophyres and carbonatites)
- Synplutonic mafic dykes
- Dyke swarms and planetary bodies
- Links to mineralization: e.g. U, PGE & Au, base metals, diamond, Ni-Cr-Co, laterite, etc.
- Miscellaneous: Any other research related to dykes.