30 August- 01 September 2017
The conference will focus on improving health, safety and the environmental impact in the mining and metallurgy industry and highlight actions to be taken.
It will act as a platform for learning and allow people to share ideas on safety, health and the environment.
This conference aims to bring together management, DMR, Chamber of Mines, Unions and health and safety practitioners at all levels from the industry to share best practice and successful strategies for zero harm and a value-based approach to health and safety.
It will address the main challenges in the mining industry such as logistics, energy and safety of employees, contractors and the communities.
- Lifestyle/Fatique Management
- Corporate social investment in communities
- Behavioural management of employees
- Chemical storage practices
- Stored energy prctices
- Access to confined spaces
- Metallurgical safety innovations
- Community safety services
- Wellness of employees
- Safety 'off' the job
- Occupational health
- Employees-sustainable development
- Ventilations issues and solutions
- Environmental issues and solutions
- Engineering issues and solutions
- Mine design solutions
- Managers and safety managers presentations
- Rock engineering- issues and solutions
- Geological issues and solutions
- Corporate leading practices
- Planning issues and solutions
- Security/illegal mining
- Geotechnical concerns on safety
- Workplace solutions and conditions
- Operation of transport and machinery
- Fall of ground management
- Road Safety-to and from work.