Depyritization of argillites of Doplan (Nilchian) mine
Ahmad Amini, Alireza Raisi, Gholamreza Molataheri
Based on the contract between Industries and Mines Organization of Charmahal and Bakhtiyai Province and the GSI for ore processing and depyritization of argillites extracted from Shahid Nilchian (Doplan) bauxite mine, a team of experts traveled to the area at 1997.
The Doplan mine is located 200 Km away from southwest of Esfahan and 110 Km away Shahr-e Kord, 15 Km to the Naghan vill. The area belongs to the Ardal County.
Sampling for pilot ore processing was done. The result of processing test can be summarized as below:
- With grain size of 0.3 mm, it seams that most of coarse pyrite grains are liberated and other pyrite grains are fine grain (20 microns) associated with gangue material.
- After crushing or milling and sieving, a large part of fine grain (38-75 microns) iron oxide and sulfur is concentrated in the sample.
- Shaking table test yields the best result in which 65% of total sample obtained as concentrated product.
- The test with Humphrey spiral gave better result when run on primary sample (50 mesh).
- Flotation test on primary sample shows that it is easily possible to produce concentrate (65%) with 2% iron oxide and 0.69% sulfur.
- Flotation test on samples finer than 106 microns produced concentrate (88%) with 0.36% sulfur.
- Combination of shaking table and flotation methods will give suitable result.
- The ore that contains pyrite and siderite can not produce good commodity by magnetic separation method.