Economic geology of Razi sheet
The study area is part of the Ardebil province in the northwest of Iran. The Razi sheet is located in the Alborz-Azarbaijan structural zone. Eocene volcanic rocks cover more than 80 percent of the area. Older rocks have lesser extent and include the Precambrian Bayandor, Cambrian Soltaniyeh, Triassic Elika, Jurassic Shemshak and Lar formations plus to upper Cretaceous deposits. The study shows that magmatism-related mineralization is negligible in the area. These is just little signature of barite, galena, and iron oxides in the veins of Anbaran northwest area. According to remote sensing, geochemical and field studies, dominant alteration is argillic related to iron baring zones. Some areas that can be investigated further involve:
- the area of Anbaran-e-Bala with probability of vein-type and hydrothermal polymetal lead, zinc and copper mineralization in the volcanic rocks.
- In the Qazi Kandi, Boyaqichilou and Diklidash (Pirzadeh alteration zone) there is the probability of epithermal vein type.
- In the Seyyed Baglou-Qeshlaq-e Mohammadqoli area there is probability of hydrothermal gold mineralization.
- In the Mirhosseinlou anomaly, there is the probability of vein-type copper mineralization within volcanic rocks.
- In the Bildashi-Tolon area, there is the probability of vein-type copper mineralization in the mafic rocks.
- North of Khalifehlou area, chromite mineralization is probable.