Final report of exploration project of mercury and associated elements, Khangoli type
Project Managers: Mr. Nasser Zargar
This report presents the result of implementation of the contract No. 23667/110 dated 3/10/80 between Industries and Mines Organization of Azarbaijan-e Gharbi and Kavoshgaran Consultants for exploration of Khangoli type mercury and associated elements within the desired area. The area was studied by remote sensing and prospection. The area was over 5200 sq km in which the promising areas were introduced.
After identification and evaluation of promising areas, after a preliminary study of documents about previous exploration operations, the project carried out in four domains.
A - Sarylykh - Maqsudabad exploratory zone
B – Chokhur kandi- Qashqablagh exploratory zone
C – Tureh-Bale Sur exploratory zone
D- Aland – Qurshaqlu exploratory zone
The report presents the results of relevant experiments carried out in the framework of this project as follows:
- assessment of documents, maps and preparation of documents and aerial photos on the scales 1: 20000 and 1:50000 one of the region and 1:50,000 scale topographic maps
- collecting information, including geographic location of public roads and weather credible sources such as the country's National Cartography Organization, Bureau of Statistics and ....
- preparing the topographic maps at scale 1: 20000 for four areas
- preparation of maps of drainages and watershed areas and sampling scheme based on channel density.
determine the method of sampling operations and prepare the relevant tables and maps
sampling and field operations carried out include:
sampling and geological mapping at scale 1: 20000 with an area exceeding 640 square kilometers, at different lithology, structural parameters specify altered zones and ...
- getting heavy mineral samples (238 samples), rock samples, for petrography and paleontological studies, XRD, XRF and polished sections (a total of 249 samples) Lithogeochemical scattered samples (92 samples).
1-1-6-3 - preparation of heavy mineral samples and specimens to sent to the laboratory of Binalood deposit.