Based on exploration activities, 8 prospecting area are introduced:
- Juband Copper and Zinc Abandoned Mine: direct observation of mineralization is not possible due to the collapse of the old tunnel, but samples taken from the depot near the tunnel show significant grades of zinc, copper and gold.
- Aq Baba Copper and Zinc Abandoned Mine: There are some traces of old excavations and analysis of collected samples show copper and zinc mineralization.
- Nabijan copper and gold (intrusion-related) indices: geophysical studies indicate the continuity of mineralization up to 90m depth (coring may show its exact condition)
- Mazgar gold and copper indices: It is a gold-bearing CU-skarn. Cu grade is 1% and Au grade is 2gr/ton in samples.
- South Anjerd gold index: Gold mineralization is seen in some altered rocks. Au grade is less than 3gr/ton.
- Shiver-daq batholith zone in the eastern part of Varzaqan: Shiver-daq batholith zone is of economic value and includes Mazra’e and Anjerd skarns, South Anjerd gold-bearing alteration and Shiver-daq silica veins.
- In the eastern part of Mardan Qom at NW of Varzaqan, intrusion of a diorite stock resulted in the formation of copper-bearing skarns in its contact with calcareous units.
- North part of Kerengan at W of Varzaghan: Here, a microdiorite stock attributed to Oligocene resulted in the formation of copper skarns and alteration zones in the margins
More surveys may result in the exploration of new deposits.