Geochemical exploration in the Saghand 1:100000 sheet
This report present the result of systematic geochemical survey in the Saghand 1:100000 sheet that is located between 55 to 55 30' E and 32 30' to 33 degrees N. it is bounded from north by Bayaze plain, from south by Bafq desert, from east by Natk mountain and Abdughi desert and from west by Zarin desert.
The Saghand region, in particular, is situated at the intersection of the northeast and northwest fault systems, where the most extensive documented outcrops of basement rocks in central Iran are exposed. The pre-Neogene rocks of the Saghand region are best categorized in terms of three mutually distinct, roughly NNE-trending, “lithotectonic domains. Rocks of the area range from lower-amphibolite-facies gneisses (Boneh-Shurow Complex) to virtually unmetamorphosed sedimentary rocks. Also there is a variety of metamorphic rocks (Poshteh-Badam Complex) and igneous plutons by and large different from those in the other two domains. Plutonic rocks of distinct age distributed in the area from granite to quartz-diorite and, locally, diorite.
The aim of this project was the geochemical survey and identification of anomalies for Zn, W, V, Ti, Sr, Sn, Sb, Pb, Ni, Mo, Mn, Hg, Fe, Cu, Cr, Co, Bi, Ba, Au, As, Ag elements. Stream sediment samples were taken, analyzed and their data were processed to meet this goal. A control phase was conducted through which 125 heavy mineral samples were studied.
In this project, the prioritization of promising zones were done based on compatibility of a collection of parameters that shows the correlation of observed characteristics with standard mineralization models. Based on mentioned procedure, three priorities of anomalies were recognized.
- The Chahrik area in the 1:50000 sheet of Chadormalu, 40 Km2
- West of Gazinu mountain in 1:50000 sheet of Molaalireza, 9.25 Km2
- West of Lordbidun in the 1:50000 sheet of Molaalireza, 4 Km2
- Northwest of Lordbidun in the 1:50000 sheet of Molaalireza, 11.5 Km2
- Kuhband in 1:50000 sheet of Zirkhan, 25 Km2
- South of Chalke Mountain in 1:50000 sheet of Zirkhan, 4.75 Km2
- Bandechangu Mountain in the 1:50000 sheet of Aliabad, 10.25 Km2
- Southwest of Komaki mountain in the 1:50000 sheet of Milzaghi, 7 Km2
- Southeast of Tal-e Madan in the Boluri mountain pass, in the 1:50000 sheet of Zirkhan, 11 Km2
- East of Pirali mountain in the 1:50000 sheet of Zirkhan, 13 Km2