Tehran province structurally belongs to two structural zone of Iran namely, Alborz and central Iran zones.
Based on its geological and structural characters such as existence of magmatism (intrusive and extrusive), alteration, thrusting, and faults and hydrothermal, it containes diverse type of mineral resources like:
- Robatkarim manganese deposits 45 NW of Tehran.
- Sabou refractory clay deposit.
- Hovir feldespar and dolomite (Damavand)
- Keripton-Ah kaoline deposit
- Silica sand and refractory sand in Masklu, Mobarakabad, Sarneza, Mosha and Damavand
- Celestite in Mikabad
- Talc and asbestos 48 north of Karaj(Sierra)
-Magnesite and huntite 75 km SE of Varamin.
Other deposit of Tehran province are limestone (14 areas), Gypsum (4 areas), marl (1 area), industrial clay (4 areas), evaporitic salt (16 areas), copper (2 areas), iron, lead- zinc and coal (3 areas), bauxite (1 area), phosphate (1 area), barite (4 areas), dolomite (2 areas), ornamental stones (41 areas), bentonite (2 areas), dense limestone (2 areas), salt (2 areas), travertine (1 area)